The NBA playoffs kickoff on Saturday but the NBA is also preparing for the 2018 NBA draft!
Five ties among teams that finished the 2017-18 NBA regular season with identical records were broken today through random drawings to determine the order of selection for NBA Draft 2018 presented by State Farm.
The drawings were conducted by NBA Executive Vice President, Basketball Operations Kiki VanDeWeghe at the St. Regis Hotel in New York and broadcast live on NBA TV. The tiebreaker process was overseen by Darrington Hobson, a representative from the accounting firm of Ernst & Young.
The results of the drawings:
- Dallas (24-58) won a tiebreaker with Atlanta.
- Chicago (27-55) won a tiebreaker with Sacramento.
- Miami (44-38) won a tiebreaker with Milwaukee.
- San Antonio (47-35) won a tiebreaker with Minnesota.
- Oklahoma City (48-34) won a tiebreaker with Indiana, New Orleans and Utah. Second, third and fourth place in the tiebreaker drawings went to Utah, New Orleans and Indiana, respectively.
NBA Draft Lottery 2018 presented by State Farm will be held on Tuesday, May 15 in Chicago. NBA Draft 2018 presented by State Farm will take place on Thursday, June 21 at Barclays Center in Brooklyn, N.Y.
Below is the order of selection for NBA Draft 2018 presented by State Farm and the number of chances for teams in NBA Draft Lottery 2018 presented by State Farm.
2018 FIRST ROUND DRAFT CHOICE ORDER
Drawings will be conducted at NBA Draft Lottery 2018 presented by State Farm to determine the first three picks in NBA Draft 2018 presented by State Farm. The remainder of the “lottery teams” will select in positions 4 through 14 in inverse order of their 2017-18 regular-season records. The teams entered in the lottery are as follows, with their chances of winning the lottery out of 1,000:
|Brooklyn (to Cleveland via Boston)||28-54||.341||28|
|Los Angeles Lakers (to Boston or to Philadelphia)1||35-47||.427||11|
The order for the remainder of the first-round picks is as follows:
|16. Miami (to Phoenix)||44-38||.537|
|18. San Antonio||47-35||.573|
|19. Minnesota (to Atlanta)||47-35||.573|
|20. Oklahoma City (to Minnesota via Utah)||48-34||.585|
|22. New Orleans (to Chicago)||48-34||.585|
|25. Cleveland (to Los Angeles Lakers)||50-32||.610|
|28. Golden State||58-24||.707|
|29. Toronto (to Brooklyn)||59-23||.720|
|30. Houston (to Atlanta via LA Clippers)||65-17||.793
1 This pick will be conveyed to Boston via Philadelphia via Phoenix or to Philadelphia via Phoenix.
2 This pick may be conveyed to LA Clippers.
2018 SECOND ROUND DRAFT CHOICE ORDER
|36./37. Chicago (to New York via Oklahoma City)|
|38. Brooklyn (to Philadelphia)|
|39. New York (to Philadelphia)|
|40. Los Angeles Lakers (to Brooklyn via Toronto via Orlando)|
|41. Charlotte (to Orlando via Phoenix via Memphis)
43. LA Clippers (to Denver via New York via Philadelphia)
44. Denver (to Los Angeles Lakers via Chicago via Utah)
46. Milwaukee (to Brooklyn)
47. Miami (to Houston via Memphis)
49. San Antonio
51. New Orleans
53. Oklahoma City
54. Portland (to Dallas via Denver)
55. Cleveland (to Charlotte via Brooklyn via Philadelphia)
57. Boston (to Oklahoma City)
58. Golden State (to Denver)
59. Toronto (to Phoenix)
60. Houston (to Philadelphia)
© 2018, Eldorado2452. All rights reserved.