Community »

DMX & The Lox to Headline The 13th Annual Brooklyn Hip Hop Festival

DMX & The Lox to Headline The 13th Annual Brooklyn Hip Hop Festival

MariaMyraine April 24, 2017 0

The 13th Annual Brooklyn Hip Hop Festival is goinf down July 10-16th, 2017, presented by Brooklyn Bodega and The Bodega Agency. It’s another year of week long events dedicated to Hip Hop culture. Year

Read More »
9 Mile Music Fest 2017 Event Recap

9 Mile Music Fest 2017 Event Recap

MariaMyraine March 19, 2017 0

Last weekend, I got to escape the frigid temperatures of New York City as I headed to Miami for my first ever 9 Mile Music Festival! The festival, which celebrated it’s 24th year, is

Read More »
Philanthropy: Chance The Rapper Will Donate $1 Million To Chicago Public Schools

Philanthropy: Chance The Rapper Will Donate $1 Million To Chicago Public Schools

Oktane March 7, 2017 0

After going live on Instagram for a special press conference, Chance The Rapper took a huge step forward and put emphasis on putting your money where your mouth is. The Chicago emcee will be reaching

Read More »
Read Chance the Rapper’s Foreword For Kevin Coval’s “A People’s History of Chicago”

Read Chance the Rapper’s Foreword For Kevin Coval’s “A People’s History of Chicago”

MariaMyraine March 4, 2017 0

If you have a voice, use it. Chance The Rapper is utilizing his voice within the political space. Last week, the Chicago native linked with Illinois governor, Bruce Rauner, to discuss the city’s education

Read More »
BLAX w/ G.R.A.M.Z., Latasha Alcindor, Slim Dollars & Nello Luchi on 2/16/17 in Brooklyn!

BLAX w/ G.R.A.M.Z., Latasha Alcindor, Slim Dollars & Nello Luchi on 2/16/17 in Brooklyn!

MariaMyraine February 15, 2017 0

Milwaukee’s own, BLAX, will be in Brooklyn New York this Thursday for another performance! Accompanying him are some of the city’s up-and-comers who have been making noise these past few years. This list includes

Read More »
WBLS 107.5 FM’s “Black History Month: I Lived It” w/ Rev. Al Sharpton

WBLS 107.5 FM’s “Black History Month: I Lived It” w/ Rev. Al Sharpton

MariaMyraine February 13, 2017 0

To jumpstart the second week of Black History Month, New York City’s WBLS 107.5 FM released another segment of their “Black History Month ..I Lived It” series – this time featuring Rev. Al Sharpton.

Read More »
Former Clipse Member, No Malice, To Teach “Lifestyle of An Artist” Seminar w/ The College of Hip Hop

Former Clipse Member, No Malice, To Teach “Lifestyle of An Artist” Seminar w/ The College of Hip Hop

MariaMyraine January 12, 2017 0

Rapper, No Malice, has made his return onto the scene after a brief hiatus. To jumpstart the new year, the Clipse member has teamed up with The College of Hip Hop app to teach

Read More »
Armstrong State University In Georgia To Teach An Outkast Course!

Armstrong State University In Georgia To Teach An Outkast Course!

MariaMyraine January 8, 2017 0

College is going to be a little bit cooler for students at Armstrong State University in Savannah Georgia. The university has announced that they have added a new course titled, “OutKast and the Rise

Read More »