Image Line has announced FL Studio Mobile – a new FL Studio, designed for creating multi-track projects on your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch:
FL Studio mobile will allow you to create complete multi-track projects on your i.Pod, i.Phone or i.Pad and, if you want, load mobile projects into FL Studio and take them to the next level.
I guess dreams do come true, who needs pesky things like keyboards, guitars, turntables, vinyl, and samplers when you can now use your trusty iPhone to loop up that lo fi sample from youtube to make some garbage and parade it out to the world disguised as music. It’s beats on the go for people who just don’t have the time to create music. This app is just a poorly thought out idea. If you think hip hop is over saturated now, wait until people start rocking the i phone fruity loops app son! The one positive we all can take from this… That guy you see trying to make beats on the bus is never gonna get off that bus with this formula. Leave the fruity loops app alone people. Take some pride in what you do, the easiest, most accessible, and most efficient way does not always get the desired results.
Never lose that idea again. Get it down and happening wherever you are.
Here’s a teaser of the early development screenshots and the FL Studio Mobile Specifications:
* Save projects and load in FL Studio personal computer edition.
* Photorealistic dynamically configurable 85-key keyboard
* Instant positioning via the slide gesture and resize with the pinch gesture
* 90 studio-recorded instruments
* (16bit 44.1kHz sampled from real instruments)
* 40 free instruments, 50 available in the in-app shop
* 4 categories: classic, band, electronic, world
* Release and attack time configurable per instrument
* Sustain samples • Pitch bend via accelerometer
* Low-latency, highly optimized, high-polyphony,
* battery saving audio engine
* 100 beats (drum loops)
* 5 real-time effects with lots of parameters
* 3 high-quality reverb algorithms, delay, 3-band equalizer, amplifier, filter
* 128-track sequencer • Beat & metronome settings (tempo, signature)
* Per-track mute, solo, effect bus, pan and volume adjustment
* Edit whole tracks or bars, down to individual notes:
* Draw, quantize, transpose, repeat, move, length, velocity, etc.
* MIDI import and export
* Save and load your songs and export to wave
* Wi-Fi and iTunes file transfer with your Mac/PC
* Songs and MIDI files can be opened directly from Safari and Mail
* Unlimited undo and redo
* Detailed in-app help
* Play or record 2 different instruments
* at the same time with 2 keyboard rows
* Key labels (Cs only, all keys, all keys colored)
* iPhone 4 Retina Display supported
* Compatible with: Line 6 MIDI Mobilizer, Akai SynthStation 25, CoreMIDI
FL Studio Mobile is being developed by a third party. It will be interesting to see how it compares to FL Studio and how well it works with the full version.
© 2011, @BWyche. All rights reserved.