The Atlanta Hawks appear to be collecting wins off the court as well!
The Atlanta Hawks twitter account (@atlhawks) was recognized as the best in the NBA by Sports Illustrated and named to its prestigious “Twitter 100” list, which ranks the top 100 must-follow accounts across sports. The Hawks are one of just three professional sports teams to be named to the exclusive list along with the NHL’s Los Angeles Kings (@LAKings) and the U.S. Olympic Team (@TeamUSA).
Known for its highly entertaining content and playful voice, the @ATLHawks account has over 434,000 followers. The Hawks are the only Atlanta-based franchise to rank No. 1 in their respective sport, which includes NFL, MLB, NHL and NCAAF teams.
“This is a fantastic accomplishment and a true testament to our ability to connect and engage with our fans,” Chief Executive Officer Steve Koonin said. “We’re creating timely, relevant content in a unique voice that reflects our love for the city of Atlanta and our undying passion for our beloved team.”
Over the past year, the @atlhawks account has consistently generated headlines, retweets, follows and likes from its captivating campaigns. Some of the most popular posts included:
· Adding W’s to the @atlhawks avatar during the team’s historic 19-game winning streak during the 2014-15 season until eventually reaching Twitter’s character limit
· Releasing a special ‘thank you to Hawks fans’ playlist via Spotify
· Tweeting out a letter from CEO Steve Koonin encouraging bosses to excuse employees arriving late the morning after watching Western Conference late-night Hawks games
· A parody of the ‘Hashtag Skit’ seen on Jimmy Fallon’s Tonight Show featuring Hawks players Kent Bazemore and Mike Muscala
· Exclusive behind-the-scenes content from the Sprite Concert series
SI launched the Twitter 100 for the first time in 2010 and this year has expanded their look at the social media landscape with their new Social 100. In addition to the Twitter 100, the Social 100 includes the top 10 best Facebook follows, Instagram feeds and the best Vines of 2015. Also making the review are social media accounts SI would like to see, the Year in Tweets and social superlatives.
Go to http://www.si.com/specials/
© 2015, Eldorado2452. All rights reserved.