5 WAYS TO GET YOUR MUSIC OUT DURING QUARANTINE AND SOCIAL DISTANCING
WildeTuna & Digital Crates @ Philadelphia HipHop Awards ceremony
As a former artist I know the daily struggles of finding your way in the music industry, trying to get views, streams, follows, repost etc. Well for those artist who would usually be spending money to travel, purchasing beats, studio time and spamming celebrities on instagram, heres some tips.
- Spamming celebrities who are not currently looking for talent is a fast way to end up in instagram jail, or being on a blacklist of annoying post. So how about you find out where, those who attention you seek, find their news and current events. For example Hiphopsince1987 instagram has close to 130k followers alot of them being top celebrities producers Djs artist in the game. High chance when you promote to high value pages.
- Investinto playlist on spotify, Dj record pools, invest in placement on blogs and blog instagrams. Dont just use Hiphopsince1987 for social media, gain a track record, become google friendly by placing your music on sites catered to your music and demographic. Having success could be as simple as the way your project or single was presented to the fans or who presents it.
- Support starts at home. A qoute that never left me from artist/actor Tone Trump “How can you expect success if your mom doesnt know what you do?” Meaning how can you expect the world to love your art when you have yet to market it at home, to your family, to your friends and co-workers? Build a sold foundation of people who support you and people who know what you do. When you create that list you know have the beginning steps to creating your marketing plan & how to allocate where and who you spend time marketing to.
- Go Live! Everyone is home holding tightly to thier phones so why not pop up on thier screen. Check out your page analtytics and find out when your followers are most active. When you gather this information announce your page going live at that time consistently. Also give incentive for tuning in (free t shirt/merch) and follow through with your offer. (Tip 4.5 create a dance or challenge for your song) Leads to high volume streams on Tik Tok the new taste maker for hits.
- Drop more visuals and music videos! As consumers and fans of music we alway need somthing new and whats better than a dope video to match a equally sound song. Wether on social media, Youtube or what ever source you have as an outlet use it. Mp3’s and streaming music is cool when we driving in the cars but, we not going anywhere for a while, so give us somthing to look at.
INVEST, STOP SPAMMING, BUILD YOUR FOUNDATION, GO LIVE, AND DROP VISUALS For more tips on how to persue your career in quarintine tune into Wilde Tuna & Fame “SEX & MUSIC PODCAST” every Thursday at 9pm, where I (Wildetuna) drop gems for all my artist & music heads on how to be successful.
© 2020, Wilde Tuna. All rights reserved.