There are so many creative ways of getting your daily dose of CBD these days, whether you want it for pain relief or simply to relax and have a good time. Refreshing beverages from https://askgrowers.com/cbd/edibles/cbd-drinks are only one of the many options you have, alongside candy edibles, smoking, and vaping. The many liquid options on the market are designed to make it easy to grab your dose of CBD on the go, and as discreetly as possible, so they are ideal for travel, too, where allowed.
This article explores how you can get the most out of CBD through this route.
What are CBD-Infused Drinks?
These beverages are infused with cannabidiol (CBD) and lack the THC that makes users high, which explains their popularity. Since they were introduced in the market, several brands have come up, and people have become more creating their homemade versions.
The store-bought product is made using first-grade CBD oil, and makers add their preferred flavors to bring users a wide variety for each taste bud. Since they do not make you high, you can have them in the morning, during the day, and at night for a good night’s sleep.
Effects of CBD on the Body
First, it is all-natural as it is extracted from plants with nothing else added to make it potent or better. As it is from nature, weed will benefit users with different medical or non-medical issues, and it only gets better as CBD is devoid of the psychoactive nature of THC.
Some of the best-known benefits of CDB-infused drinks are:
- It helps one relax if they are plagued by crippling anxiety that makes it hard to be in public;
- It could help with insomnia for those that find it hard to sleep. You want to check for strains associated with sleep if this is the solution you seek;
- It could help with pain management if you select a strain known for pain relief. Budtenders are usually knowledgeable, so you want to ask them to explain the best strain for this purpose.
When looking for store-bought CBD-infused drinks, you want to read reviews of the brand to see what other users think of it. You also want to know the amount of CBD in it (in mg), as the dosage is vital.
5 Recipes for the Buzziest Homemade CBD Drinks
While you can always check your local distributor for a drink, these recipes will be handy if you want to try making one at home.
If you love chocolate and espresso, you can add some CBD oil to make a great drink that will get you through your mornings.
- 2 shots of espresso
- 1 cup of any milk
- 1 tbsp. of dark chocolate chips
- 1tbsp of cacao powder
- 1 dose of CBD oil
- A sweetener of choice – honey, stevia, agave, syrup.
- Brew your double-shot espresso the normal way;
- Froth the milk, cacao powder, CBD oil, and sweetener, or in the absence of a frother, heat the milk, add the other ingredients, and blend to get the same texture as you would have the frother;
- Add the chocolate chips into a mug, add your brewed double-shot espresso, and then top it all off with the frothy mix;
CBD Sleep Elixir
This nighttime beverage could send you to dreamland easily, especially after a hectic day.
- 1 bag Valerian root tea
- 1 cup of hot water
- A Dose of CBD oil specifically recommended for sleep and relaxation.
- Milk of choice – Optional
- Sweetener – Optional.
- Boil water, then pour it into a mug;
- Add the teabag and let it steep for 3 minutes or longer for a stronger brew;
- Remove the tea bag and add your milk and sweetener if you choose this option;
- Add the dose of oil to complete this recipe;
- Stir and enjoy.
Sangria is great for when you get together with your buddies, and how much better does it get than with a dash of weed?
- 1 apple
- 1 orange
- 1 lime
- 1 lemon
- ½ cup of cranberry juice
- ½ cup of orange juice
- 1 bottle of high-quality red wine
- 2 cups of seltzer
- Some ice
- CBD oil.
- Slice the fruit and add it all to a pitcher;
- Throw in the CBD oil, orange juice, wine, cranberry juice, and seltzer;
- Serve and enjoy!
If homemade beer is your thing, this easy-to-make recipe will excite you.
- Water – 6 cups
- 2 tbsp CBD
- ½ lbs. of thinly sliced and peeled fresh ginger
- ½ cup of freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 cup honey
- 2 cups seltzer
- Optional 3 shots of whiskey or bourbon.
- Pour two cups of water into a medium-sized pan and heat it to around 40 degrees Celsius;
- Add the ginger, let it come to a boil, and then let it simmer for 20 minutes;
- Turn off the heat, then add the freshly squeezed lemon juice and honey into the mix;
- Leave it to cool before adding the CBD oil;
- Serve your drink into a pitcher, and then add the rest of the water, bourbon/whisky, and seltzer;
- Add your ice cubes, stir, and serve.
Now you have an alternative to the usual drinks – plain tea, coffee, soda, or beer – when you just want to relax after a long day. The benefits are usually amazing, and depending on the drink, you can still be within your macro requirements for the day. You do not have to worry about getting high because cannabidiol is non-psychoactive, and its taste is great, whether store-bought or homemade. We hope this article opened up your mind to CBD.
Q: Can you get high from a CBD-infused beverage?
A: Not so much since CBD is not known for that.
Q: How long does a typical high last?
A: Usually, about two hours since the tincture is CBD with no psychoactive qualities of THC that would make you too high.
Q: Do these drinks have to be alcoholic?
A: No, you will get both alcoholic and non-alcoholic CBD drinks commercially, and you can make the same at home.
Q: What are the benefits of CBD?
A: It reduces anxiety, relieves stress and pain, and can help you relax or sleep after a long day.
© 2022, Seth Barmash. All rights reserved.